Senior Benefits Specialist
APPLY at https://www.flexprofessionalsllc.com/jobs/senior-benefits-specialist/
Large, national organization with a corporate office in Herndon, VA. is looking for a Senior Benefits Specialist to join their dynamic team
Hours/Schedule: Full-time, flexible
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location Requirement: Hybrid , will be in the office 1-2 days weekly
Rate: 110k, TBD based on experience, Plus a generous annual bonus , excellent benefits
Job Description: The Senior Health & Welfare (H&W) Benefits Specialist is responsible for supporting the development, analysis, administration, implementation and communication for our employee benefits programs, policies and practices with regards to company's health and welfare benefits programs including medical, prescription, life, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts.
You will provide guidance to employees, managers, HR business partners and other stakeholders regarding eligibility, plan provisions, regulatory compliance and other matters related to benefits function. This position will be an integral team member and a subject matter expert within the Benefits team, while reporting to the Senior Director, Benefits. Re-entry candidates with this expertise are encouraged to apply as well
Senior Benefits Specialist
||$110k, TBD based on experience
|Posting Start Date:
.Responsible for the administration and implementation of our company benefits programs.
- Integral partner in the planning and implementation of the annual open enrollment process.
- Proactively develop and distribute benefit communication materials to enhance employee understanding of benefit offerings.
- Evaluates and revises (as needed) internal processes to increase efficiency. Documents and maintains administrative procedures for assigned benefit processes.
- Coordinates with benefit plan providers, vendors, and consultants to ensure service delivery standards are met and facilitates problem resolution.
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Ensures accurate employee data within the HRIS system and monitors interfaces with the HRIS team, vendors, providers, and payroll.
- Ensures all employee benefit materials (print and electronic) are kept up to date and meet all legal requirements, plan provisions and company policies. Recommends actions required to ensure compliance standards and regulatory requirements are met and supports implementation of such actions.
- Research and resolve participant issues related to the Benefit Plans with other internal functional teams.
- Assist with drafting all communications regarding the Benefit Plans.
- Ensures the administrative processes are in line with the Plan provisions.
- Ensures Plans are operating to maintain legal compliance, including implementing Plan amendments and all participant corrections.
- Works with HR Shared services team to handle all leave administration programs, disability leave requests, and paid parental leave benefit calculations.
- Processes and insure proper communication for employee life insurance death claims.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with relevant experience
- Re-entry candidates with these qualifications are also encouraged to apply
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in Health & Welfare Plan Administration and compliance.
- Expertise with ACA, HIPAA, ERISA, FMLA and state specific leave laws, preferred.
- Completion of professional benefits certifications (i.e. CBP, CEBS, etc.), preferred.
- Ability to manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrates creativity and ingenuity to create solutions.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Experience with UKG Pro is a plus.
FlexProfessionals respects and seeks to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences of its candidate network. FlexProfessionals does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. The candidates whose resumes are shared with our business clients are selected on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
||This listing expires on: 9/26/2023