Human Resources Generalist - Mid-Level
BlueHalo is seeking a Mid Level Human Resources Generalist to add to our team. This position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management and will support a number of contracts within the organization. The role supports a broad range of human resource functions including, but not limited to benefits administration; performance management; employee relations; compliance; training and development; on-boarding; off-boarding, and or other areas assigned.
This role reports to the Human Resource Manager of the Cyber and Intelligence Sector.
- Provides Human Resources support regarding general HR related questions or concerns to our employees and managers in the Cyber and Intelligence Sector who are located in Chantilly, VA, Columbia, MD, Annapolis Junction, MD and Dayton, OH.
- Coordinates and conducts new hire orientation sessions.
- Assists with communicating policy and procedure changes to managers and employees.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and managers, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as annual benefits enrollment and performance management, company-wide trainings, employee recognition events.
- Manage HR/Company-wide initiatives that enhance retention such as company surveys and recognition programs. Identify training needs for employees and managers and make recommendations to the sector HR Manager and Director
- Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Interprets and applies programs, policies, and procedures and ensures compliance with state and federal statutes and regulations, if applicable, to include Fair Labor Standards Act, Labor Management Relations Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, etc.; consults with HR Leadership as needed.
- Conducts or assists with record audits and mandatory reports, which may include I-9 audits, EEO-1 filings, Affirmative Action Plans, and other compliance reviews.
- Handles employment-related inquiries from outside entities, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the Director of Human Resources for the sector.
- Conducts employee eligibility verifications.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- This position may require travel to Chantilly, VA and Dayton, OH as necessary-Up to 20% to 40% travel maybe required.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
Human Resources Generalist - Mid-Level
|Posting Start Date:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Flexibility to deal with changing and ambiguous situations
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Minimum six years of progressive human resource generalist or business partner experience
- Prior experience working for a multi-state federal government contracting firm
- Past experience working in Paycom, Unanet and/or ICIMS
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of human resource management
- Knowledge of federal, state and local requirements and regulations
Desired but not required:
- Anticipated travel to various company or customer sites is 20%
||This listing expires on: 7/23/2021