Start Date: 10/12/2022 8:10 AM EDT
End Date: 10/12/2022 10:00 AM EDT
Venue Name: Virtual - Zoom Meeting
HR Alliance DC
As the world emerges from the pandemic, organizations everywhere are reexamining their operations and rethinking their priorities. What do they stand for? How should they navigate what comes next? And how might they build cultures where people can do their best work and be their best selves?
In this provocative and practical presentation, #1 New York Times bestselling author Daniel Pink offers a fresh set of strategies. Pink will draw on an unprecedented two-year study of our most misunderstood emotion: regret. He will show that ignoring or rejecting regrets is a colossal mistake. Instead, confronting regrets systematically can deliver an array of organizational benefits. It can sharpen leaders’ decisions, speed learning and development, and boost individual and team performance.
In particular, he will show how the four core regrets shared by people around world contain the seeds of a reimagined and more powerful corporate culture. By understanding what people regret the most, we can learn what they value the most – and that can help organizations of every kind attract top talent, deepen employee engagement, and strengthen loyalty and commitment.
With Pink’s trademark blend of big ideas and smart takeaways, compelling stories and sharp humor, this presentation provides an urgent and inspiring map for flourishing in unpredictable times.
You will learn:
- How to anticipate – and avoid – the most significant organizational regrets,
- How to transform existing regrets into a positive force and a coherent culture,
- Why regrets of inaction outnumber regrets of action – and how to enlist that insight to spark innovation,
- Why doing the right thing is more important to employees than most C-Suite executives understand – and why, in this fraught moment, being a good organization can pave the way to becoming a great organization.
Daniel Pink, Author
Daniel H. Pink is the author of several provocative, bestselling books about business, work, creativity, and behavior.
Pink was host and co-executive producer of “Crowd Control,” a television series about human behavior on the National Geographic Channel that aired in more than 100 countries. He hosts a popular MasterClass on sales and persuasion. He has appeared frequently on NPR, PBS, ABC, CNN, and other TV and radio networks in the US and abroad.
He has been a contributing editor at Fast Company and Wired as well as a business columnist for The Sunday Telegraph. His articles and essays have also appeared in The New York Times, Harvard Business Review, The Atlantic, Slate, and other publications. He was also a Japan Society Media fellow in Tokyo, where he studied the country’s massive comic industry.
Before venturing out on his own 20 years ago, Dan worked in several positions in politics and government, including serving from 1995 to 1997 as chief speechwriter to Vice President Al Gore.
He received a BA from Northwestern University, where he was a Truman Scholar and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, and a JD from Yale Law School. He has also received honorary doctorates from Georgetown University, the Pratt Institute, the Ringling College of Art and Design, the University of Indianapolis, and Westfield State University.
Pink and his wife live in Washington, DC. They are the parents of two recent college graduates and a college freshman.
Books written by Daniel Pink include:
- The Power of Regret: How Looking Backward Moves Us Forward
- When: The Scientific Secrets of Perfect Timing
- To Sell is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us
- A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future
- The Adventures of Johnny Bunko: The Last Career Guide You’ll Ever Need
- Free Agent Nation: The Future of Working for Yourself
This program will be submitted to HRCI for 1.50 HR (General) recertification credits for aPHRTM
, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRiTM
designations. It will also be submitted to SHRM for 1.50 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CP and the SHRM-SCP certifications.
Pricing for Virtual:
- This program will be In-Person, but we will be live-streaming through our Zoom Meeting platform. Our format will allow for interaction between those in-person and those participating virtually.
- After you successfully register from the website, you will receive an email confirmation. Overnight you will receive your unique Zoom join information. We will also re-send Zoom join information the day prior to the event.
- Virtual Registration Closes at 5:00 PM on 10.11.22.
- Individual and Organizational Members - Free; Guests - $25
- Annual Sponsors - Free; Guests - $25 (promo code must be entered)
- Virtual Members - Free; Guests - $25
- Org. Member Substitutes - Free (promo code must be entered)
- Partner Organizations - $25 (promo code must be entered)
- Public - $50