Most Regular Monthly Programs adhere to the following schedule:
Regular Program Cost:
- On-site Registration, Networking and Breakfast 8:00 AM
- Welcome and Introductions 8:15 AM
- Program 8:25 AM - 10:00 AM
Regular Program Location:
- Members - no charge, registration required by logging in and using "Member" registration path
- Non-members, Guests of Members, Public - $60 (Follow the "Public" registration path)
8000 Towers Crescent Drive, Ste 1700
Vienna, VA 22182
Directions to Tower Club
Leadership Series Event Cost:
2018 Leadership Series Location:
- Members and Organizational Substitutes - $75 (Organizational Substitutes contact email@example.com for the promo code to register for $75.)
- Non-members, Guests of Members, Public - $125 (Follow the "Public" registration path)
Valo Park (formerly Gannett/Tegna)
7950 Jones Branch Drive
McLean, VA 22102
Directions to Valo Park
Upcoming Programs and Events for HR Alliance DC:
Wednesday September 12, 2018
|September 5, 2018
||Free Webinar presented by HR Alliance DC Annual Platinum Sponsor - The Insurance Exchange, "2018 Best in Benefits Washington DC Metro Area"
||Jason Speer, Principal, Milliman
|September 12, 2018
||Applying Pro-Active Analytics to Maximize the Workforce Planning Cycle
||Dan Anderson, Analytics Consultant, Adaptalytics, LLC
|October 3, 2018
||The HR Evolution from the #MeToo Movement
||Misti Mukherjee, Esq., Extensio Law
|November 7, 2018
||Culture Eats Strategy for Breakfast - How to Make Them Play Nice
||Bob Faw, Matchbox Group
|November 29, 2018
||Leadership Series Event: "Conscious: The New Competitive Edge" - Registration coming soon!
||Emma-Kate Swann, Healthy Companies
"Applying Pro-Active Analytics to Maximize the Workforce Planning Cycle"
Networking: 7:45 - 8:15 AM
Join us early for an opportunity to meet new people!
Whether you know it or not, workforce intelligence/planning is a major part of your business. Understanding it is a critical component of human capital management. Mastering it can give you a strategic advantage, and using advanced analytics to proactively drive your business will make you a market leader. This engaging and entertaining speaker will break down this complex topic into simple, yet actionable intelligence that you can immediately implement to optimize your workforce. This session will dissect the entire workforce intelligence lifecycle, taking a deep dive into each component of the cycle and arming you with the unique perspectives required to be a data-driven master of resources.
- Moving from descriptive analytics ("what happened?") to predictive analytics ("what will happen?") and on to prescriptive analytics ("what will happen and why?")
- The fundamentals of the Workforce Intelligence lifecycle
- Analytical techniques to leverage based on your specific challenge
- Best practices in data management, governance, reporting and Business Intelligence
- Data fusion to improve analytical capabilities across IT platforms
- Spotting trends before they become trends
- Converting intangible information into tangible data that will augment your data set
- Finding correlation faster and easier with basic tools that you already own
- Predicting outcomes about your workforce with information you have that you don't even know is valuable
In addition to these lessons, there will be micro breakout sessions in which you're able to apply your newfound knowledge to real-world problems and get immediate feedback. You'll leave with not only a better understanding of real-world tools and analytical techniques, but eager to dive into your data and use fact-based knowledge to maximize your workforce results.
Dan Anderson, Analytics Consultant, Adaptalytics, LLC
is a seasoned HR and operations professional having served in Finance, Business Operations and Data Science roles with SAIC for almost 14 years. He now owns his own consulting business providing analytical consulting to solve complex problems using data, technology, science and creativity. He helps business leaders become smarter about their business by delivering decision tools that optimize fact-based business decisions. Dan takes the intersection of data, systems, processes and people and translates that into simple, plain language for business leaders. His skill set is an unparalleled combination of art and science - science to understand today's complex IT-enabled business environment, art to translate those complexities into meaningful intelligence.
Dan is also actively involved in SHRM, and currently serves as the Data Analytics Specialist on the NOVA SHRM Board.
This program has been preapproved by HRCI for 1.5 HR (General)
recertification credit hours toward aPHRTM
, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRiTM
. The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This program has been submitted to SHRM and is valid for 1.5 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM
Wednesday October 3, 2018
"The HR Evolution form the #METOO Revolution"
Misti Mukherjee, Founder of Extensio Law