Most Regular Monthly Programs adhere to the following schedule:
Regular Program Cost:
- On-site Registration, Networking and Breakfast 8:00 AM
- Welcome and Introductions 8:15 AM
- Program 8:25 AM - 10:00 AM
Regular Program Location:
- Members - no charge, registration required by logging in and using "Member" registration path
- Non-members, Guests of Members, Public - $60 (Follow the "Public" registration path)
8000 Towers Crescent Drive, Ste 1700
Vienna, VA 22182
Directions to Tower Club
Leadership Series Event Cost:
2018 Leadership Series Location:
- Members and Organizational Substitutes - $75 (Organizational Substitutes contact email@example.com for the promo code to register for $75.)
- Non-members, Guests of Members, Public - $125 (Follow the "Public" registration path)
Valo Park (formerly Gannett/Tegna)
7950 Jones Branch Drive
McLean, VA 22102
Directions to Valo Park
Upcoming Programs and Events for HR Alliance DC:
Thursday July 19, 2018
Leadership Series Event: "Essential Communication Skills for Executives - Are You Listening?"
Join us for our second Leadership Series program of the year! This event will be hosted at Valo Park (formerly Gannett/Tegna), 7950 Jones Branch Drive, McLean, VA 22102
With the pace of organizational, technological and cultural change, leaders have to be great communicators. Communication is no longer a nice-to-have “soft skill.” It is an ESSENTIAL skill that leaders must develop if they are to be successful.
Do you use the OLÉ
(“olay”) approach in your communications? Learn how to O
isten, and E
ngage to be an outstanding leader and build relationships that will make you more effective with executives in the C-suite, subordinates, and team members. Great leaders demonstrate excellent listening skills and expertise in inviting engagement.
Leaders need to establish positive and supportive relationships to inspire and motivate their teams, while maintaining responsibilities and authority. In this program, attendees will gain insight into how to balance their leadership role with the mastery of observation and listening. The OLÉ
approach offers tools to take leadership to the next level.
- Are you ‘hearing’ your team members or fully ‘listening to understand’? Attendees will learn and practice skills in listening to be present and understand rather than formulating your response as someone speaks.
- Do you encourage collaboration among team members or do you lead by delegating? Learn to share the ownership of projects to foster a collaborative environment.
- Are you seen as a supportive, compassionate, understanding leader? Take away tips and strategies to improve relationships with your team.
Join us for an interactive session and hone your essential communications skills.
Lynda Katz Wilner, M.S., CCC-SLP
Lynda Katz Wilner
and her company Successfully Speaking have worked with individuals and companies to help professionals achieve excellence in communication and master a polished professional presence. This includes public speaking, conducting meetings, coaching for pitch presentations, voice improvement, listening skills, regional dialect and foreign accent modification, and all aspects of effective communication.
Lynda is a communication skills specialist and a Maryland licensed and nationally certified Speech and Language Pathologist with over 30 years’ experience in individual coaching, group training, and speech, language, and voice issues.
Lynda developed an online self-study program to help “Master Your Professional Presence” and has authored numerous publications for the assessment and training of nonnative English-speaking professionals to help them modify their foreign accents. Lynda is a member of HR Alliance DC and has spoken and had featured articles on various aspects of communication skills.
Includes registration and full breakfast.
|Committee Members and Sponsors
||Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for special pricing.
||$75 (Please email email@example.com for the promo code)
|Non-Members, Guests, Public
This program has been preapproved by HRCI for 1.5 Business
recertification credit hours toward aPHRTM
, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRiTM
. The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This program has been submitted to SHRM and is valid for 1.5 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM
Wednesday September 12, 2018
"Applying Pro-Active Analytics to Maximize the Workforce Planning Cycle"
: Dan Anderson, Analytics Consultant, Adaptalytics, LLC