Most Regular Monthly Programs adhere to the following schedule:
Regular Program Cost:
- On-site Registration, Networking and Breakfast 8:00 AM
- Welcome and Introductions 8:15 AM
- Program 8:25 AM - 10:00 AM
Regular Program Location:
- Members - no charge, registration required by logging in and using "Member" registration path
- Non-members, Guests of Members, Public - $60 (Follow the "Public" registration path)
8000 Towers Crescent Drive, Ste 1700
Vienna, VA 22182
Directions to Tower Club
Leadership Series Event Cost:
2018 Leadership Series Location:
- Members and Organizational Substitutes - $75 (Organizational Substitutes contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the promo code to register for $75.)
- Non-members, Guests of Members, Public - $125 (Follow the "Public" registration path)
Valo Park (formerly Gannett/Tegna)
7950 Jones Branch Drive
McLean, VA 22102
Directions to Valo Park
Upcoming Programs and Events for HR Alliance DC:
Wednesday May 2, 2018
|April 25, 2018 (1:00 PM EDT)
||Webinar hosted by Pearl Meyer, "Participation is Easy" for information about the HR Alliance 2018 Compensation Survey and Trend Report
||Rebecca Toman and Andrew Guigno, Pearl Meyer
|May 2, 2018
||Talent Acquisition Strategies - Hire the Best
||Kara Yarnot, HireClix
|June 6, 2018
||Reimagining Performance Management
||Elise Freedman, Willis Towers Watson
|September 12, 2018
||Topic: Applying Analytics to Optimize Workforce Intelligence - Registration Coming Soon!
||Dan Anderson, Analytics Consultant, Adaptalytics, LLC
Talent Acquisition Strategies - Hire the Best
Networking: 7:45 - 8:15 AM
Join us early for an opportunity to meet new people!
Individuals with sought-after skills are in the driver’s seat during the hiring process. They have choices. They conduct their career selection process like they shop for important purchases. They are consumers. Your talent acquisition strategy must include consumer marketing approaches and technologies in order to attract, hire, and retain this top talent.
In this session, we will discuss candidates’ career selection process and how they determine if they will even visit your career site or think about applying for a job. How can you ensure they have a “consumer-like” experience throughout your hiring process? What consumer approaches can you use once they become employees to increase retention?
After attending this session, participants will:
- Understand how the career selection process is similar to the consumer purchase process
- Learn the key attributes of the career search websites (Google for Jobs, Glassdoor, Indeed, etc.) and social media platforms (Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, etc.) that are most important to candidates
- Understand the new technologies in the HR technology landscape that you can use to create a consumer experience for your prospects, candidates, and employees
- Determine how you can employ consumer approaches in your hiring and retention processes
Kara L. Yarnot
is executive consultant and strategy practice leader at HireClix, a leading recruitment advertising and consulting firm. HireClix's consulting practice provides talent acquisition consulting and advisory services to employers in a variety of industries and markets. Her areas of expertise include recruitment strategy, technology evaluation and selection, social recruitment, talent branding, process and technology optimization, and ROI evaluation.
Kara has over 17 years experience in talent acquisition at Fortune 500 companies as SAIC, Boeing, and Intel. She founded Meritage Talent Solutions, a strategic recruitment consulting firm, in 2013 to bring innovation and disruption the talent acquisition industry. In 2017, HireClix acquired Meritage and Kara joined the leadership team. Her past and current clients include Northrop Grumman Corporation, Hudson’s Bay Company (the parent company to Saks 5th Avenue), CoreCivic, McKesson, Parsons, NVR (the nation’s 5th largest homebuilder), illumina.
Kara is a frequent speaker at industry events. She holds an MBA from the University of Maryland and a bachelor’s degree from Carnegie Mellon University. When not focused helping clients innovate, Kara can be found volunteering for canine rescue organizations (she has 2 adorable rescue pups of her own), training for her next half-marathon or Ragnar relay, or traveling the world in search of the next great bottle of wine.
This program has been preapproved by HRCI for 1.5 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHRTM
, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRiTM
. The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This program has been submitted to SHRM and is valid for 1.5 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM
Wednesday June 6, 2018
Reimagining Performance Management
Elise Freedman, Willis Towers Watson