Networking: 7:45 - 8:15 AM
Join us early for an opportunity to meet new people!
Come and experience flash mentoring in this highly dynamic session. You will meet, network, mentor, and be mentored in this session by Julie Silard Kantor. Kantor is the President & CEO of social impact company Twomentor, LLC and passionate about mentor training and strategy to elevate a more diverse, skilled workforce.
“The people who mentor at your company are the people who drive retention at your company,” shares Kantor. The morning program will be a combination of insightful training, interactive engagement and networking!
Interactive Topics and Activities on Mentoring will include:
- What Impact Has a Mentoring or being mentored had on your professional life?
- How do you get a Sponsor or How do you be a Sponsor?
- You will learn why building mentoring cultures and initiatives will play an increased and crucial role in engaging and retaining a diverse skilled workforce especially when over 90% of Millennials want to be mentored and 79% view it as critical to their professional life.
- Is STEM the new gateway to the American Dream? Over 80% of jobs will require STEM Skills. STEM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math) jobs pay women 92 cents on a dollar what men make versus 54 - 77 cents on average.
- You will learn the business case for mentoring, 7 pathways, and the importance of sponsorship relationships to elevate a diverse skilled workforce.
Speaker: Julie Kantor, CEO Twomentor, LLC
Julie is an ‘all-in’ roll-up your sleeves leader, speaker & serial entrepreneur committed to building mentoring cultures to drive employee engagement and elevating women in the STEM workforce. Whether in a board room with executives or working with collaborative teams, Julie instills excitement, inspires commitment, and demonstrates an unwavering drive to succeed. She has worked & consulted with clients such as: Cisco, Samsung, Tata (TCS), Intel, MasterCard, Sony, Carnival, BP and more. Her newest venture Twomentor, LLC, a management consulting firm focused on corporate mentor strategy, builds on her 24 years in workforce development and building movements.
Julie was honored by the White House for her 20-year career in youth entrepreneurship education & as a SmartCEO ("15 Leaders We Admire" & Brava Hall of Fame for Women's Leadership). She has been featured on CNN.com, Washington Post, Washington Business Journal, Chronicle of Philanthropy, Forbes.com, Huffington Post Live, and AT & T Women Who Inspire.
She is also the author of "I Said Yes: Youth Entrepreneurship in America’s Schools", "Million Women Mentors & BP's 20 Hour Mentor Action Guide", "Youth Entrepreneurship in America" for The Aspen Institute, a contributing author to "Women in STEM: Realizing the Potential" with TCS, and a Business and Tech Blogger for Huffington Post.
This program has been preapproved by HRCI for 1.5 HR (General) recertification credit hours toward aPHRTM, PHR, PHRca, SPHR, GPHR, PHRiTM and SPHRiTM. The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s (HRCI) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
This program has been submitted to SHRM and is valid for 1.5 Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM
Thanks to our Program Sponsor: